Official Rules for “Taking on Water Challenge” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older.
How to Enter:
1) To enter the Taking on Water Challenge (“sweepstakes”), review these Official Rules and complete the entry requirements, including your first and last name, and email address. Contest begins January 29, 2013. Entries may be sent via this website only and must be received no later than March 11, 1203, 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time. Limit one entry per person. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Water Deva and Sasquatch Books (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
2) Entries are void if they are in whole or in part incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incomplete entries.
3) Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account associated with the entry.
1) From all eligible entries received, one grand-prize winner will be chosen at random on or about March 15, 2013 by Taking on Water author Wendy Pabich. Decisions concerning all matters related to this contest are final and binding.
2) The winner will be contacted via e-mail. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
1) An autographed copy of Taking on Water, and a water reduction kit for your home including:
Save A Drop Water Meter
Soil Moisture Meter
Eco-Luxury Low Flow Showerhead
Dual Setting Swivel Faucet Aerator
Low Flow Facuet Aerator
Toilet Tank Bank
2) In the event that there are an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the contest. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
1) No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed.
2) All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes is the sole responsibility of the winners.
3) Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) and if so, the Affidavit must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
4) By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, contest entries, hometowns, and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s and author’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5) By competing in this contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
6) Any dispute arising from this contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of Washington, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in King County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a winner list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1904 Third Ave Suite 710
Seattle WA 98101